Emergency Repairs

Severe weather conditions, power surges, and faulty wiring are all potential causes for an electrical emergency. If you notice flickering lights, tripped circuit breakers, or any unusual noises coming from your electrical panel, these could be signs of an underlying issue. It’s important to call a licensed professional to conduct immediate repairs to prevent further damage or potential safety hazards.

Emergency Electrical Warning Signs, Prioritize Safety

When it comes to your home’s electrical system, even the smallest issues can quickly turn into emergencies. We can help no matter what time it is. As experienced electricians, we understand the importance of having a safe and reliable electrical system in your home. That’s why we offer emergency residential electrical repair services. Whether it’s a faulty circuit breaker or a power outage in the middle of the night, our team is available 24/7 to help get your home’s electrical system back up and running.

Things That Warrant an Emergency Electrical Repair

  • Blown Fuses or Circuit Breakers
    If you find yourself in a situation where you have blown a fuse or tripped a circuit breaker in your house, don’t panic. These things happen, and it’s important to know how to handle them to keep your home safe. First, locate your electrical panel box and open it up to identify which circuit has been tripped or which fuse has blown. Reset the circuit breaker or replace the blown fuse with one of the same amperage. If the problem persists, it’s important to call a licensed electrician to diagnose and repair the issue, as it could be a sign of a larger problem with your electrical system. Remember, safety should always be your top priority when dealing with electricity, so never attempt to tackle an electrical issue without the proper training and equipment.

  • Burning Smells
    As professional electricians, we highly recommend taking immediate action if you detect any unusual electrical odors in your home. These odors can range from burnt smells to strange metallic scents, and they should never be ignored. The first thing you should do is turn off the circuit breaker associated with the area where you smell the odor. Next, unplug any appliances or electronics that are connected to that circuit. If the smell persists, do not attempt to identify or fix the problem yourself. Call a licensed electrician to inspect your wiring, outlets, and appliances. Ignoring electrical odors can lead to serious hazards like electrical fires or electrocution, so always err on the side of caution and never hesitate to seek professional help.

  • Exposed Wires
    If you happen to spot any bare wires in your house, it’s important that you take immediate action for your own safety and that of others living in the house. The first thing you should do is switch off the power source feeding the wires. Then, you can cover it with electrical tape or splice it safely together. If you’re not familiar with electrical work, it’s best to contact a qualified electrician to do the job for you. Remember that exposed wires are a serious hazard and should not be taken lightly. Stay safe and take the necessary precautions!

  • Electrical Shocks
    Begin by identifying the source of the electrical shock. It could be a faulty appliance, loose wiring, or even water-related issues. It is essential to fix the cause of the shock to prevent future occurrences and keep your family safe. As a professional electrician, I cannot stress enough the importance of calling a licensed electrician to handle any electrical repairs or installations in your home. Safety is key, and with the right precautions, you can avoid electrical hazards and maintain a safe and secure home.

We Serve the Entire Twin Cities Metro Area and Arrive on Time!

twin cities electric service area map

People Trust Our Work